Saturday, March 12, 2016

Entry Two

      So this one is a bit late but I still feel I should go over the meeting I had yesterday with my group. I got really good feedback and I feel comfortable on where I am. Also I feel like I gave good help to a member in my group working on a fashion magazine by telling her about my friend's clothing brand. I told them about my ideas with something in the style of film noir and after getting some interest in that idea, I may consider to do my piece in that style. I was told that due to my film (if it were to be completed in it's entirety) being character driven, then the process I'm taking of starting with character development is a good idea. I've been spending time mapping out every tiny detail about my main character from physical appearance to creating a life story. I have images in my head for certain scenes and I'm getting to really know him. Where he lives, what he wears, how he responds in situations, what he eats, who he would vote for, and if he believes in god. I feel like once I create someone I know as well as myself, I'll be in good shape. 
      I'll be including some pictures from the notebook I spoke about previously to show the process of getting to know him through the use of a character questionnaire. I found those fifty questions online (Since I couldn't find an author or publication date, I'll just give full credit here to thescriptlab.com) and I think it's a fantastic resource. Through those questions where they ask about things like personality traits and background of your character (which I found extremely fun to answer), you et a clear vision of who you are creating. Basing my answers off real people I felt was something important to do. I forgot to cover this in my last entry but I absolutely want to go one hundred percent with the route of realism, and no formalistic elements whatsoever. Having this in mind, making my character (most likely named Linston Hill) as real as possible by relating him to personal experiences and people seemed like a necessary step to take. I'm pretty much done with creating my main character so the next processes will be filling out the questionnaire for the supporting characters, considering who to cast, and giving them life in a story.
     During the meeting with my peers, I also brought up the idea of messing with excessively  intense visuals like in the title sequence for Enter the Void(2009). The opening sequence is purely artistic and won't aid me in setting up the main character's story or development but still, the explosion of fonts, colors, and sound used looks so awesome and catches the viewer so off guard that I want to incorporate it in some manner. Plus, the interview with the designer who created the titles and visuals at the bottom portion of where I linked Enter the Void to, Tom Kan, gave me a lot of insight into the art of typography, font selection, and color choices. Definitely something to keep in mind. 
     Really feel like everything is coming together. It's happening slowly but surely. I just really want to create something quality that I'll be proud of.


Noé, G. (Director). (2009). Enter The Void [Motion picture]. France.

Kan, T., Albinson, I., & Ulloa, A. (2011, November 21). Enter the Void. Retrieved March 12, 2016, from http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/enter-the-void/
























No comments:

Post a Comment