Saturday, March 12, 2016

Entry Three

WEEKLY SUMMARY
     I feel like I have accomplished the major part of what was needed this week. I finished the bigger part of character development and came up with an immense amount of miscellaneous ideas like thoughts on lenses, shooting locations, and sounds to start creating through foley. I've been creating music with this project in mind and I have made some songs that I feel could be useful for any film introduction. Some ambient tracks, some intense tracks, all different types of instrumental music. Here's some previous work for reference. Been thinking about using that song but I want to make something new for this (this will get it's own entry at one point for sure). I've created a situation that I feel I can work many different types of plots off of  ("Suburban teen get involved with a bad situation and isn't ready to live with the consequences"). I'll do another entry soon going more in depth into the visions I have for that. The constant web browsing and readings have given me an edge in research as well.
      This week was purely planning and research, and I am confident that I did a good job.

WHAT'S NEXT?
      Research and more research. The basis of next week will be finalizing all my ideas and beginning to create visual mockups for the scene (storyboards and a screenplay). I plan on creating a blog entry dedicated to David Fincher's masterful technique of creating a title sequence. I need to work on the characters more in terms of casting and design. I will research calligraphy for the titles and freshen up on my film production terms and techniques that I learned in the past year. I'll also do some reading on more advanced use of editing software to be able to recreate my visions well when I reach that part of the process. As long as I keep with the same pace and remain focused, I'll do well.


1 comment:

  1. The in depth research you have done is impressive, especially your attention to every single detail in your production. I am really excited to see some production process posts (so have that coming) and the end result. One tiny, tiny (really tiny) flaw- your work citing is highlighted yellow with white font and I can't see it, so consider editing just that. But overall very good things !!!

    ReplyDelete