Thursday, April 7, 2016

Entry Eight

     After finding out I was using the wrong terms to research my audio issue, I found out about ADR, automated dialogue replacement, which is used in the post production process for many problems including mine, poor recording on set. Although it would be the best option if I cared about having the best possible quality, I am pressed on time and there are more important tasks at hand. ADR is also known as being an annoying and expensive process to directors and actors, so I most likely will just take the advised route of simply amplifying the sound. 
     I would just contact a friend who owns a camera microphone and re-shoot the scenes with it, but one of the main actors recently left to Finland and I want to use the same exact people because most of the non dialogue shots came out really good. 
     Something I haven't mentioned before is the process of learning first hand how someone exactly like me handled this project. Last Thursday, my good friend (who is also creating his film opening) had me help him out by acting as the main character and aiding in some decisions for the shots. He plans on redoing one of the scenes today due to bad video quality. His process helped me learn from some mistakes he made to make my process go smoother. I'm also helping with another project tomorrow as an actor once again. I feel like helping out in other projects gives me a lot of helpful insight to see what I'm doing right and wrong.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment