Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Entry Seven

     With the due date approaching and still a good amount of work to do, I'm eager to see what my final piece will look like and pushing harder than ever to get it done. After exporting everything I filmed Saturday, I realized that my camera's built in microphone is of very bad quality. I was anticipating this to some extent and was prepared to recreate sounds but even the dialogue sounds way too quiet. Although I could just amplify the whole audio track and then equalize and compress out the undesired frequencies that also became louder, I was maybe considering completely stripping the audio and rerecording everything through foley and matching up the created audio track. After I tried researching if anyone has ever tried this process and finding nothing, I'll have to go with my original option and see how it turns out.
      I decided to not include any music in the traditional sense and instead, I'm making some intensely frantic instrumental tracks that resemble the band Tool's "Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)" or Death Grip's "You might think he loves you for your money but I know what he really loves you for it's your brand new leopard skin pillbox hat" with wailing high pitched notes and no real sense of rhythm. These songs provoke a sense of confusion and insanity and fit the sound I want for the final fight/flash forward scene. I also have some fake production company titles (one of which I included below) that I may want accompanied by either a short ambient sting or complete silence, I still have not decided. 
     Looking to finish basic editing tomorrow and scripting my director commentary, there is still a lot to do.







Keenan, Maynard. Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann), 10,000 Days. Tool. 2006. CD. 


Burnett, Stefan. You Might Think He Loves You for Your Money but I Know What He Really Loves You for It's Your Brand New Leopard Skin Pillbox Hat. Death Grips. Andy Morin, 2013. MP3.  

No comments:

Post a Comment